Peter R. D'Agostino Research Travel Grant
The Cushwa Center offers Peter R. D’Agostino Research Travel Grants in conjunction with Italian Studies at Notre Dame to facilitate the study of the American past from an international perspective. Grants for 2017 will provide travel support (up to $1,500.00) for presenters at the conference, "North Atlantic Catholic Communities in Rome, 1622-1939," to be held June 6-7, 2017, in Rome, Italy.
These grants are offered in honor of the late Peter R. D’Agostino, a friend and colleague to many, author of the award-winning book Rome in America: Transnational Catholic Ideology from the Risorgimento to Fascism (UNC, 2004), and a tireless promoter of transatlantic research in American Catholic studies.
Please submit the following documents via email to email@example.com:
- completed application form, (downloadable here);
- current curriculum vitae, including a representative list of your publications;
- paper proposal (150-200 words; see the conference's call for papers for details);
- optional: project description (limit: 1,000 words) for any research you plan to conduct in Roman archives before or after the conference, noting particular collections you plan to visit, their salience to your research, any advance contact you have made with archivists, and any plans for publication;
- a detailed budget including travel, lodging, and research expenses, and noting cost sharing with any other potential sources of funding.
Recommendations are no longer required for Research Travel Grant applications. All materials must be submitted by December 31, 2016.
Applicants will be notified by February 15, 2017.
Grant recipients will be asked to:
- participate in an interview about their paper/project and/or provide the center with a short report on the results of their research;
- acknowledge the Cushwa Center in all publications which result from research supported by this grant;
- notify the center of any publication resulting in whole or in part from the grant.