Hibernian Research Awards
Funded by an endowment from the Ancient Order of Hibernians and administered by the Cushwa Center for the Study of American Catholicism, these annual awards provide travel funds to support the scholarly study of Irish and Irish American history.
Please submit an application form with the following documents attached:
- current curriculum vitae, including a representative list of your publications;
- a brief description (limit: 1,000 words) of your research project, indicating the relevance of the research for Irish American Studies, specific resources and collections to be visited, and plans for publication.
Applications must be submitted with required materials by December 31, 2020.
Applicants will be notified by March.
Award recipients will be asked to:
- participate in an interview about their project and/or supply the center with a short report on the results of their research;
- acknowledge the award in all publications that result from their research;
- notify the center of any publication resulting in whole or in part from the award.